[geeks] iBook external screen experience

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Sat Dec 20 03:25:03 CST 2003

Hello, I have a quick ibook question.

Is there any way of forcing an ibook to drive the external video port at a
higher resolution than the 1024x768? I am not interested in having dual
head capabilities, simply put I want to use an extrenal monitor when I am
at home, as main head, and then use the builtin screen when I am on the
road.

Is there a way of also forcing the iBook to not go to sleep mode when the
lid is closed? I believe there is a patch for the powerbook to do the
same. I just wanna know if there is a way of automatig the process, i.e.
if I plug an external mouse/keyboard/monitor then I wanna use the vga out
port at 1200x1024 as the main display with the screen lid closed, and use
the builtin screen otherwise.

Anyone know?