[geeks] cable modem or verizon DSL (in Rhode Island)?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Sat Dec 20 03:24:49 CST 2003

> Fsck [Verizon] and their spam-haus of a network.

   And _that_ is exactly what I was looking for. :7)
   I take it that neither of these services offers static IPs, and that they
both block ports? (I can't find any sort of detail on their supid web sites.)

> I'd go with cable.  I hate the technology, but I hate Verizon a -lot-
> worse.

   Yeah, lots of older folks on my block, so I'm fairly confident that the
link won't be too bogged down.

> I get way better speeds (and pricing) from Time Warner
> (cablemodem) than I did with SBC DSL.  I get 3M down/384k
> up for $45 from TW, versus 1.5/256 from SBC for $79.

   Well, they both offer almost the same price ($40 per month for Cox, $35 for
Verizon) but I'm hazy on the speeds.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt