[geeks] You know you've been using bash too long ...

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 15:26:30 CST 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:57:24 -0800 (PST), Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez
wrote:
> been there dude, except I am a tcsh man.... I have also tried to
> tab-complete (is that the correct term)

"filename completion" according to ksh and tcsh manual pages. Which is a
pretty dumb name for it, but "tab-completion" is misleading as isn't
always the Tab key. And in fact wasn't in TENEX (the "t" in "tcsh").

> many a word while long night
> latex sessions :). That could actually be handly somewhat....

The LaTeX package for vim seems to offer something similar so it might
be worth looking at.

Had an email today from the Linux Counter project telling me about an
account I'd forgotten about. Apparently I'm Linux user #1615.