[geeks] You know you've been using bash too long ...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Dec 30 15:13:23 CST 2003

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 12:57:24PM -0800, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>

> > ...when, in the middle of typing in your password, you try to use
> > tab-completion.
>
> been there dude, except I am a tcsh man.... I have also tried to
> tab-complete (is that the correct term) many a word while long night latex
> sessions :). That could actually be handly somewhat....

tab-complete a word in a latex file in emacs?

Isn't there a way to do it (except, you probably need to do M-TAB rather
than just TAB)?  I believe you can do that in C mode, so there must be a
fairly simple .emacs chunk to load a dictionary into it to try it in
other modes instead of the C definitions it's parsed out.