[geeks] Re: geeks Digest, Vol 13, Issue 60

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Dec 26 11:55:31 CST 2003

Fri, 26 Dec 2003 @ 05:57 -0500, Ido Dubrawsky said:

>   Man...5 minutes!  Back when I bought my guns from them the paperwork took 3
> days!  I had to wait three friggin days to pick up my P220...although the
> Mossberg I took home that day (it's not a pistol...it was a shotgun...gotta
> love the logic in the Brady Bill).

I remember going with a friend one time, and the clerk said he had to
wait to get his gun.  Virginia was experimenting with waiting periods
or something, I can't remember, and above that the store had a waiting
policy of their own!

My friends looks at him and takes his 1911 frame 45 out and shows it to
the clerk, whose eyes go wide.  It was in an open holster.  He shows
him it is armed and chambered, and then puts it back.  Then he says,
"So, tell me again how making me wait will prevent me from making a rash
decision, or keep me from having a gun if I'm a bad guy."

Note: I don't mind them doing a criminal check.  The thing I mind is
that I can see no safeguards which keep it from becoming a check for
something else entirely.  I also believe that a "cooling off period" is
useless for existing gun owners.  I mean, they already have a gun...