[geeks] Re: PayPal sucks...sometimes

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Dec 24 13:09:01 CST 2003

Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2003, at 8:02 PM, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
>
>>> Btw the internet fraud fbi thing does not work. They only care if the
>>> amount is
>>> really huge. You can see if you can file a small claims thing but that
>>> only works
>>> if you can show up at the court.
>>>
>> Well, he's in Alabama and I'm in Maryland.  I doubt that for $199 I'd
>> go down
>> there to court.  I did get a hold of others who were defrauded by him
>> and added
>> them to my complaint...Maybe that'll help.
>

> I dont think the flowers by irene guy's will even sneeze when they see
> the case.
> I think stuff has to have at least 5 digits until they get their asses
> up. Best bet is
> just to wait for ebay to finish their investigation. There is not much
> you can do.
> Sad but true. And I guess the guy got his account canceled so the
> investigation
> will go towards your favor.

The kid who was ripped off by the bogus cashier's check for his
powerbook that he sold had good luck contacting the *local* law
enforcement agency where the guy lived.  He had to do some leg work to
track down the guy, but the local cops raided and found $10K+ in goods
the guy had in his house, all obtained via fradulent paper.

Start chatting with the other folks that got ripped off.  A lot of these
scammers are stupid, and slip up, giving someone a cell number that's in
their real name or attached to their real address, maybe their ISP
account (you probably have some other ideas, along those lines Ido :-), etc.

Good luck with it--
=Nadine=