[geeks] Re: PayPal sucks...sometimes

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Tue Dec 23 19:04:30 CST 2003

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 05:19:00PM -0600, geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
> From: Thomas Gallaway <rescue at port11.net>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] PayPal sucks...sometimes
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>
> Did you get the contact information from the seller? Tried to call him?
> I exactly
> know the pain but the 2nd time something like this did happen to me
> ebay was
> actually possible to recover everything besides $25.

  Yeah, I went through the whole circus -- I got his contact info, called him,
e-mailed him -- over and over (BTW, his phone number is disconnected).  I
contacted eBay's safe harbor program/buyer protection, eBay fraud center, etc.
I just need to wait to find out the result of their investigation.  I may be
able to get back my money (minus the eBay "service fee").

> Then on the other hand I hate ebay/paypal cause they are scumbags
> alongside
> the scammers too.

I agree.

> Btw the internet fraud fbi thing does not work. They only care if the
> amount is
> really huge. You can see if you can file a small claims thing but that
> only works
> if you can show up at the court.

Well, he's in Alabama and I'm in Maryland.  I doubt that for $199 I'd go down
there to court.  I did get a hold of others who were defrauded by him and added
them to my complaint...Maybe that'll help.

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP           		E-mail:          ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect			idubraws at reshetsystems.com
dubrawsky.org