[geeks] Scaling output

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Dec 22 19:37:06 CST 2003

Good evening, all;
   I'm sending some print jobs from an Oracle database on a Solaris 8 server
to lots of HP printers with network cards. I have the JetAdmin software
installed, and there's an argment to the lp command that will force jobs in
those queues to fit-to-page.
   Unfortunately, I can't recall it. :7(
   Worse, I just installed a print spooler program called Xi-Text that manages
print jobs -- but it wants me to set up my queues again, and now I can't get
its filters to scale down my output. *sigh*
   Can anyone make constructive suggestions about where I should turn next? I
haven't found anything in the SunSolve pages, nor HP's site, and the Xi-Text
developer is in England and therefore snoozing snug in his bed right now. (The
dangers of internationally out-sourced software are duly noted. Now go away,
trolls.)
   Oh, and my stupid Exchange administrator changed my email address and I
can't post to the Sun Managers list anymore. (At least I'll be spared hearing
all those out-of-the-office-you-loser messages, anyway.)
   Thanks in advance.
-Will Enestvedt
wenestvedt AT jwu dot edu