[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:49 CST 2003

On Dec 15, 2003, at 9:12 PM, Mike Hebel wrote:

> Definitely a state-by-state issue.  When I went I was told by the jury
> duty people that the $12/day I was getting was supposed to cover my
> time off.  When I was making $50k/year...
> Yeah...right...

Yeah... Nancy suggested I could always act like a strange retard so I
don't get selected....  In NY it's $40 a day + travel costs... it could
be up to two weeks which means I'd be minus an entire paycheck (I can't
live that way)

> On a lighter note it was where I started writing in journals and found
> that I enjoyed writing when I'm not stressed to do other things.

On a side note I think the plaintiff's lawyers should foot the full
salaries of the jurors if they win and the defendant's if they lose...
and further the sum total of the salaries should be built into the
damages..especially in larger cases...or at least a significant
percentage of their salaries... i.e. 50%  Or perhaps at least pay
everyone the full unemployment sum.  The state could also pay part of
this.