[geeks] OS X Firebird/Thunderbird

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:48 CST 2003

On Dec 15, 2003, at 2:23 PM, N. Miller wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
>
> (As an aside, I have been using Netscape for so long that I just rather
> stick
> with the UI that I know--I absolutely hate IE, what with no tabs, and I
> find

IE used to be the browser to keep on the system so you could access
certain sites with Javascript and such, but as of late, it has become
less than useless... both Safari and Omniweb do a better job on almost
all sites than IE.  I can't access my Citibank credit card info
properly in IE any more.  No problem with either Safari or Omniweb 4.5.
  So far the usefulness scores from highest to lowest are:

Omniweb 4.5, Safari, Netscape Variants, IE.

I only use Safari over Omniweb because it's written by Apple (kind of a
silly reason but it's kind of a package deal thingy)... I actually paid
to license Omniweb and will gladly license it again when they ask (it's
free but for a 20 minute no-activity nag message... which is hilarious
[bunches of random humor pleas for support])

Andrew