[geeks] dynamic dns?

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sat Dec 20 03:25:48 CST 2003

Michael Schiller wrote:

> $150/year ... $40 per domain ...
> 2 services have their own clients, both for Windows, as well as linux,
> and Solaris (why I used them), dyndns.org requires that you use a third
> party program to keep your dns up to date, and they have a page listing
> many of these.

Um. Bwahahaha.

So some people might have philisophical problems using zoneedit.com. I
don't. They're always up, the first 5 domains are free, and their "third
party" dynamic update software is this:

wget -O - --http-user=username --http-passwd=password
'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=machine.domain.tld'

Oh, I have to put that in a script so it runs whenever the interface comes
up. I think most of us can handle that.

---sambo