[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:46 CST 2003

On Dec 13, 2003, at 2:39 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Ever played Ghost Recon?  I find it the best and most realistic FPS
> I've
> used.  (Well, OK, it's not a *pure* FPS in single-player mode; it's
> squad-based, allowing you to assign a squad of up to six for each
> mission divided into up to three fireteams of no more than three per
> team, and you can run it entirely as an observer, doing nothing but
> issue orders, or be in personal FPS control of one trooper at a time
> and
> switch between them as needed.  I tend to spend most of my time running
> a sniper.)

All the software techs at our main customer's site are constantly
playing this from building to building.  (They have two locations on
Broadway).  We've even been blown off by some of them as unimportant
while they are playing their game... (i.e. we need information for the
machine we are diagnosing)... so annoying...

Every time they give us machines to work on that have loaner drives in
them, there's Ghost Recon firing up on startup.

But I've never played it myself.

Andrew