[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:40 CST 2003

On Friday, December 12, 2003, at 11:45 PM, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:27:47 -0500
> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>

>> Very true.  Unless we end up in a situation for an extended period of
>> time in which normal sources are unavailable and we have to fend for
>> ourselves.  (In which case, of course, the odds are there'll be no
>> power to run machine tools either -- yeah, I have thought about this
>> -- but hey, you never know.  Always have a backup plan.)
>>

> Like, a pack of dogs on a treadmill?  :)

Simpler.

1) Lawnmower in working order.
2) Remove blade.
3) Attach belt pulley for dual V-belts.
4) Drill or cut two holes in top of lawnmower in front and back of
motor.
5) Mount two alternators through holes with pulleys.
6) Attach V-belts.
7) Wire alternators to inverter(s) or battery to charge for
inverter/12V use.
8) Fiddle with motor so it runs on grain alcohol.
9) Generate your own power.

This isn't Slashdot so I'll leave out the ??? Profit! steps.

Seriously - all these parts can be taken from abandoned sources and
cobbled together to work to generate power.  A little custom mounting
and a larger gas tank and you have an effective generator.

Mike Hebel