[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:33 CST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:49:23 -0500
Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Tennessee is also an open-carry state, as is of course Vermont.  CA is
> TECHNICALLY an open-carry state, according to CA law, but try it in
> any of the major urban areas and they'll haul you off to jail for
> "brandishing" so fast your feet won't touch the ground.  I understand
> NM is also an open-carry state, but ABQ cops will most likely hassle
> you for it (though unlike CA, there is no "brandishing" ordinance they
> can abuse, so the most they can do is give you a hard time).

You're right, of course.  The abuse here in OH is "inciting panic".  A
lot of police won't use it, but just dare to go into an intolerant
municipality, and expect to spend time in jail - and then fail the
coming background checks....

*grrr*

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."