[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:33 CST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 01:42:36PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:59:42 -0800
> N. Miller wrote:
>

> > AZ is an open carry state, don't know of any others off the top of my
> > head,
> > but would guess maybe AK, MT, ND, SD?
> >

> OH also - though local municipalities are allowed to restrict that.
> Most don't though, and it's perfectly legal to strap one on and walk
> around just about everywhere.

Tennessee is also an open-carry state, as is of course Vermont.  CA is
TECHNICALLY an open-carry state, according to CA law, but try it in any
of the major urban areas and they'll haul you off to jail for
"brandishing" so fast your feet won't touch the ground.  I understand NM
is also an open-carry state, but ABQ cops will most likely hassle you
for it (though unlike CA, there is no "brandishing" ordinance they can
abuse, so the most they can do is give you a hard time).