[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:24 CST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 02:25:11PM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> > I want to eat them, not decorate the forest canopy with their insides.
>
> Kind of reminds me of a story that an aquaintance told me.  He arrived home
> from work to find his wife (then a state pistol champ) getting rid of those
> pesky groundhogs with a .357 magnum.  She felt is was better than using the
> .45.  The rest of their guns were out being serviced.

I used to know someone who told me a story of a next-door neighbor who
was having problems with a stray cat in the neighborhood.  Said cat kept
coming into his yard, getting into fights with his dog, and tearing up
the dog.  After the third set of vet bills, he started keeping an eye
out for the cat, with the one rifle in the house loaded and set by the
back screen door.

"The one rifle in the house" was a .378 Weatherby.  I'm told all there
was to see of the cat was a cloud of fur.  My informant found this
massive overkill darkly amusing; I have no idea what the other neighbors
thought.