[geeks] Battlestar Galactica (spoilers ahead)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:20 CST 2003

On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 09:27 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Who else watched BG on the Sci Fi Channel last night?

*raises hand*

> I did, and loved it.  I was a fan of the original show when I was a
> kid, but
> I *really* like this "re-imagining" of the original series' concept.

I thought the "snap zoom" was a little overused but I liked everything
else.
Something perverse in my like the fact that they have to used "old
technology" to defeat their enemies.

> I don't watch much "normal" (fiction) TV at all.  I normally prefer
> stuff
> like Mythbusters, American Chopper, etc.  I stayed up until 3am last
> night
> watching BG on the TiVo.

Trading Spaces, Adult Swim, Anime Unleashed, The Screensavers, a few
things on DIY, Sci-Fi channel (of course), and a few things on HGTV.

> Thoughts:  surely Apollo didnt blow up the "heavy transport" with him
> and
> Ms. President?  I kept thinking he used the "ion drives" that were
> sitting
> in the hangar (next to his Viper) to take them into hyperspace..

"pulse generators", and I'm betting he used them to either cover a jump
or blind the Cylons.

Also, if he was destroyed why were they still receiving the "remote
telemetry"?  ;-)

> I'm going to watch the miniseries finale tonight.  Definitely.

Is it only two episodes?  I thought it was going to be more?

Bummer.  I hope they make it into a series - provided they don't end it
lamely.

Mike Hebel