[geeks] YAGCT

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 03:25:20 CST 2003

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 23:24:17 -0500 (EST), Nick wrote:
> I was under the impression that the far left considered guns soul
> destroying menaces to society.

The actual phrase from the Communists is "a (private) gun is a denial of
state" (it's part of a partial tolerance of private ownership).
Anarchists happily agree.

> What gives?  Or have you taken some
> different meaning of left than the one I'm assumeing?

The left is just as varied as the right. And there's nothing to prevent
someone on the left for thinking for themselves ... indeed that's one of
the most important beliefs of Anarchism.

(And yes left<->right is a bit simplistic)