[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:15 CST 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 00:49:01 -0500
Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Sat, 06 Dec 2003 @ 00:51 -0500, Kurt Huhn said:
>
> > I do own a .50 in a single shot, but it takes pyrodex and a saboted
> > projectile.  ;)
>
> Was this projectile smaller than .50 cal?  Where they hand-loaded
> rounds?

It's a Hawken .50 muzzle loader with a .45 bullet in a sabot.  I find it
shoots way better loaded that way.  It's still not going to give anyone
a run for their money at Camp Perry, but it's a great way to load a
muzzle loader.  I haven't had it chronied, so I don't know how fast
those bullets are travelling, but the trajectory is a lot flatter.

> For example, the Accelerator, which is something like a .224 round in
> a.300 cartridge.
>
> In a 30-30 rifle, you can read 4200fps with them.  A 30-06 about
> 3400fps.

I've got a bag of sabots for .308 in the garage.  They let you shoot a
standard .223 round in a .308 rifle and reach insane velocities.  I
haven't used any yet, mostly because my only .308 rifle is in need of a
reciever, and I haven't gotten off my ass and bought one yet.

--
Kurt                  The superior man understands what is right;
kurt at k-huhn.com       the inferior man understands what will sell.