[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:14 CST 2003

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 @ 00:51 -0500, Kurt Huhn said:

> I do own a .50 in a single shot, but it takes pyrodex and a saboted
> projectile.  ;)

Was this projectile smaller than .50 cal?  Where they hand-loaded
rounds?

For example, the Accelerator, which is something like a .224 round in a
.300 cartridge.

In a 30-30 rifle, you can read 4200fps with them.  A 30-06 about
3400fps.

The only rifle I have access to right now, except for a pair of .22s,
is an old Savage 9, .300.  It has iron sights, a fast winchester style
mech, and no scope mounts.

The last time I looked at it, it was a bit rusty and needed some work.
I'm trying to figure out if it is worth resurrecting.

I don't care about the lack of a scope, as I rarely use one.

I never got into big-bore guns, as most people I knew were into 25.06
and 30-06 rifles, and pistols.

Well, we did shoot big-bore muzzle loaders.  That's always fun.