[geeks] Re: [rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:15 CST 2003

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 @ 09:28 -0500, Kurt Huhn said:

> In a Desert Eagle, it's rather tame.  I don't know about any other guns.
> In a Desert Eagle it feels roughly equiv to my 1911, but that's just
> percieved/felt recoil.

Interesting.  I always figured it would hurt... :)

What 1911 do you have?  Caliber?

I have a 10mm short-barrel, police double-action, no safety.  Have yet
to try a variety of shells with it, and all I have is some police-issue
CCI rounds.  Someone told me to buy some of the Swiss 10mm rounds.

I'm really unhappy with shooting in a range, so I rarely use it right
now.  I grew up shooting outdoors, mostly in the NC mountains in summer,
and I really hate ranges.

The only decent local outdoor place that allowed rifles and
muzzleloaders too just closed and is private only now.