[geeks] Tadpole SPARCLE review

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:12 CST 2003

--- Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> I've got my review of the Tadpole SPARCLE up.
>
> http://www.sunhelp.org/review-hardware-sparcle.php
>
> A *really* nice portable SPARC workstation.

First off, nice review Bill...

But:

"I did not have the opportunity to test the wireless
networking features during this review, as I do not
have a wireless network at home."

That is *THE* unique feature of this laptop line in the Solaris/SPARC
market space...

I would have loaned you an 802.11b access point had Iknown this feature
might not get reviewed otherwise... Heck, a real test would have been
to take the SPARCle to a place with a Wi-Fi hot spot and test
connectivity there...

I wish Tadpole would offer drivers for "legacy" Solaris, say, Solaris 7
on a SPARCBook 3GX... I'd honestly pay $100 for such a driver.

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall