[geeks] Tadpole SPARCLE review

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:11 CST 2003

From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>

> I've got my review of the Tadpole SPARCLE up.
>
> http://www.sunhelp.org/review-hardware-sparcle.php
>
> A *really* nice portable SPARC workstation.

"My only complaint with the keyboard is that the escape key (at top left) is
small and is the same size as the function keys - users of the VI editor will
find this to be a very slight annoyance."

I find this a lot with PC laptops too. One tip one guy here pointed out was
using CTRL-[ instead of escape, the added benefit being you're not taking your
fingers as far from the home keys. Useful if you can retrain yourself into the
habit, I don't use often laptops enough to have aquired that yet.

Will.