[geeks] Swapping Sparc boxes...

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:09 CST 2003

    Kurt> I also wonder why the two forms insist on using DIFFERENT
    Kurt> nomenclature.  Is it so wrong to be somewhat consistent?

a) If everybody called them the same things some lawyer would insist on
   an IP suit because obviously somebody copied something.

b) I haven't seen SGI's or IBM's stuff, but I swear that things are
   changed in HP-UX and Solaris *JUST SO THEY ARE DIFFERENT*.  And they
   wouldn't want too close a match to the "free" systems either.  I
   think the suits call it "product differentiation" don't they?

--
David L. Kindred