[geeks] Access rant

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:07 CST 2003

On Thu,  4 Dec 2003 10:41:01 -0500 (EST)
Kevin wrote:

> Why do developers love Access so damn much?  I would kill for a
> DB2/Oracle/mysql/postgress optional backend for this crap.
>
> /KRM

Because access is very forgiving to people who don't know the first
thing about how a database actually works.  The tradeoff is that it's a
pile of steaming crap.

We've just moved from Oracle and DB2 to Postgres here in-house.  We're
feeling much better now.  :)

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."