[geeks] Access rant

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:07 CST 2003

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 09:41 AM, Kevin wrote:

> Aaaagggghhhhhh
>
> I f*ckin hate MS Access!!!

Eh...it's good for simple databases that aren't going to be holding
anything seriously important.  I wouldn't trust it with financial data
or anything...

> We just lost power to a few of our workstations here at work and
> since damn near every "enterprise ready" tax prep/write up/accounting
> package insists on using MS Access as a backend, some of our users
> lost data.

Yep.  It'll do that.  It's _not_ a redundant database system by any
means.  No matter how you set it up.

> Why do developers love Access so damn much?  I would kill for a
> DB2/Oracle/mysql/postgress optional backend for this crap.

Because then they'd have to learn proper SQL...  ;-)

Mike Hebel