[geeks] telco rate centers for philadelphia

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Aug 23 15:57:24 CDT 2003

I'm thinking of getting an "internet phone". Looking at the web sites for
them, I have to pick a "rate center" or in plain English, a location
for the incoming calls.

Unfortunatly the rate centers they list are all in some sort of code
that I cannot understand. I lived in Philly for almost 40 years,
knew a lot about telco issuses then, but in the last seven years things
have changed. :-)

Below is the list of availble rate centers for Pensylvania. Does anyone
know what they are?

I'm looking for one that would be a local call to people in this order:

1. Northeast Philly
2. Mount Airy
3, Meadowbrook
4, Roxborough.