[geeks] Mini-ITX

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Aug 18 05:38:10 CDT 2003

vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> Not really.  The kind of board I'm looking for would be much smaller.
> Truly tiny.  If I could find a Mini-ITX (or NLX or something similar)
> board to take a PMC, that would be optimal.  I can get ATX boards.

There are many boards just what you want. They start out as being 3 1/2"
disk drive size (with holes to bolt onto one of them). Depending upon
the exact model you can get them with VGA (and better) graphics, IDE,
floppy, some memory card socket (usually compact flash) serial, USB and
ethernet. Most of them also have a sound chip.

They cost about $100 each in quantites of one with a processor
equivalent to a PIII 700mHz, 32m ram and 32m flash. ARM processors
cost,PowerPC processors cost more. Usally there is a version of linux
that supports them out of the box.

If you have contacts in the orient, you can get them for about half of
that price.

Video out is the tough part, if you want TV sync rates, you may have to
look around.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com 972-54-608-069