[geeks] Re: [rescue] OT: unemployment and eating...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Aug 15 07:24:21 CDT 2003

"From: "N.Miller" <vraptor at promessage.com>
"
"On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 10:58 AM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
"
"> "From: "Michael A. Turner" <mturner at whro.org>
"> "
"> "Be nice or I won't give you a shrubbery.
">
"> -an- shrubbery.
"
""HEAD KNIGHT:  We want... a shrubbery!
"       [dramatic chord]"
"
"The English geek in me can't help it...:
""A is used before words that begin with consonant sounds (a rock, a
"large park) and an is used before vowel sounds (an interesting subject,
"an apple).  However, note that the choice of a or an depends on
"pronunciation, not spelling."

yes, i know it's gramatically wrong, but that's what made it stick
out in my mind.  i'm pretty sure -someone- says 'an shrubbery'...

i have an english geek inside too, with a fairly photographic
memory.  it's something of a curse.  i can't read anything without the
errors jumping out at me.