[geeks] Stupid ex-partner tricks...

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Aug 12 17:25:48 CDT 2003

So, some of you may remember that I am embroiled in
not-quite-litigation with my former partners in the
cell phone store.

I had scoured the computer in previous weeks to get
evidence that one of the two ex-partners was pirating
satellite.  I found some circumstantial stuff, but
nothing major--it appeared that he'd deleted his cache
files but for some few weeks of mail cache in his
Outlook spool.

Well, last week, I had to do an OS repair on the store's
XP box (don't ask).  I discovered that I had forgotten
I had set the cache up to be on a separate partition with
the Windows swap file to make backing up the whole OS
cleaner.

In looking through the cache files, I discovered not only
more direct evidence of piracy (downloaded BIN files),
but--get this--pr0n that was put on the computer by him
(files are named like raw Nikon digital camera photos)
for upload into a web site that he frequented while at
work.  I would even go so far as to guess that it's him
in the photos *eeewwwww*.  Needless to say, one more data
point for the lawyers.

Sometimes I wonder about my character judgment.  Live and
learn, definitely.  Next time, more paper and lawyers will
be involved at the beginning before any dinero goes into
the business.

Although I must admit I am taking glee in the idea of shipping
this 350MB of evidence off to my piracy contact at Dish Network.

=Nadine=