[geeks] Oh my god...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 13:26:27 CST 2002

--- Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> I think that DB/2 has supposedly changed a lot in the last 10 years.
> Like, my recall is that they have added more object relational
> features.

DB/2 was *great* 10 years ago, if they did nothing more than maintain
it it would be great.

Object-oriented DB eludes me, but so does Object-oriented
programming... I know it makes sense, but I almost invariably want to
toss in a GOTO or CONTINUE line ;^)

I content my programming needs with an exercise to implement a
"learning" Tic Tac Toe game - it will learn a strategy over time, by
recording the plays of the "human" opponent...

I think my 6 year old will like it (he LOVES Tic Tac Toe, as well as
Rock Scissor Paper), and I think I can implement it easily... But
should a trivial game have a need for a relational database? Seems
excessive, yet, oddly appropriate!

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com