[geeks] nice VAX

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 20 20:06:40 CST 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 07:05 PM, Mike Hebel wrote:
>
> >>   Wow, what a nice (if somewhat dusty) VAX system!
> >>
> >>   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2073848136
> >

> > Same model I currently have hiding in storage.
> >
> > Does anybody know what style case that is is?  I keep hearing BA128
> > thrown out there but I can not find a confirmation of it anywhere.
>

>   Never heard of a BA128.  That's a dual BA23 configuration...the top
> one is the primary, the bottom one is connected via a qbus jumper.  The
> large back panel is shared between the two.

My apologies - BA23 was what I meant but my fogged brain came up with
128 as a commonly used replacement number when I couldn't recall the
exact one.  At least this confirms it for me - thanks!

Oddly enough, due to money restrictions it's going to have to come out
of storage.  Hopefully my new job makes enough for me to at least turn
it on once in a while. ;-)

Mike Hebel