[geeks] Back to the land of the big PX

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Fri Nov 8 20:16:22 CST 2002

> Kurt Huhn
> Sent: 08 November 2002 15:45
>
> I'm trying to find an excuse to move to VT, not just for the
> CCW stuff, but also for the very libertarian views on
> personal freedom and responsibility.
> Plus, parts of VT are extremely remote, and would make peace
> and quite pretty easy.

Other than the large number of Ex hippies in the southern bits yeah VT
is definitely a libertarian place in the classic, don't fuck with me or
Ill shoot you in the face and they'll never find the body kind of way.
Montana is the same way.

> I love winter - and I own a couple of 4x4 vehicles, so winter
> doesn't phase me too much.  Karin has an aversion to cold
> though, but that just means that I have to keep the fire stoked :)

I love winter myself, but I Don't currently own a 4x4 or snowmobiles.

> Ah, perhaps Maine then?  Either NH or VT would place well
> within a couple hours of the Ocean.  Here in OH I can drive a
> couple hours to Lake Erie, but that's admitedly not an ocean...

Actually I really like the cleveland area. I know that sounds weird, but
since they've spent so much effort rebuilding the place I think it's
become a pretty nice area to live.

> I like technology, and I think it's fun, but I don't know
> that I can do this the rest of my life.  I'm currently
> considering going to gunsmithing school

I did some gunsmithing classes just for hobbyist purposes when I lived
in AZ. I'd love to get a certificate though I don't think I'd want to
make my living doing it.

I also work in in leather, metal and wood. I do general craft work but
most often I make traditional (and SCA legal or LARP legal) armor and
garb. I also do leather and wood... Toys... For friends. Once again I
don't think Id want to do it for a living.

--Chris