[geeks] Firmware updating

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Fri May 31 19:18:58 CDT 2002

On Friday, May 31, 2002, at 01:52 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> OK I need to upgrade the firmware on the U2...
>
> What is the latest version, where is the firmware jumper on the system
> board, and how do I do it with Solaris 8 install 10/01... or do I have
> to install Solaris 7?

Go to sunsolve.sun.com, look in the systems handbook for the ultra 2.
That gets you the jumpers.  Also, you *should be able* to download the
flash update... <checks> Yep, 104169-08 is available for free.  (I did a
search in the free patches for "flash ultra 2") Download it, read the
instructions.

Sunsolve is your friend, and there is much good free stuff.

-pete