[geeks] OK some upgrade questions / refs.

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Wed May 29 17:40:51 CDT 2002

> CPU's... it has a single 300... should I go dual 300, single 400, or
> dual 400? (other options... bang/buck)

i have dual 300's in my box at work. its pretty slick. not super fast,
but sure fast enough. 400mhz cpu's would be cool, but will also set you
back a thousand bucks.

> graphics... Creator... don't know which... should I assume if it's
> Creator then I'd want either Creator 3D Series 3 or Elite 3D m3 or 6...
> thoughts on the differences?

what is this fetish with 3d cards all you people have? i mean what on
earth are you doing with them?

i've got a gig in mine at work, i believe. its mostly adequate.

alex