[geeks] Just and EBay horror story.

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed May 29 13:30:03 CDT 2002

Well, the good things must be balanced by bad.  A couple of weeks back, I
picked up a Quadra 650 that promised "extra RAM", etc.  It arrived
yesterday in the worse shape I've ever seen for a computer - not only
badly packed, but the case, insides, etc. were *filthy* and packed with
dist, bug carcasses.  Looks like it came originally from a heavy smoker.
$20 + shipping and it's junk. It runs, but it smells so bad I can't put it
in the house, and I don't dare reply on any of the parts, they are so
gunked up.

This is the same individual who charged me a PayPal fee, etc.  I was very
reasonable in my emails to him, but he continued to be a dickweed.  Plus,
he told me that if I posted negative feedbak, that he'd do the same. (Even
though I paid the day after the auction, as *soon* as I got the amount.
It took him a week to even ship it after that.)

Too bad.  I posted it anyway, and reported him to eBay for charging paypal
fees.  I wasn't sure that I would until he called me a "crybaby".

Let him post his feedback, I have pictures and emails... :-)

-PEte

-----
Peter L. Wargo
pwargo at basenji.com