[geeks] Ok I am ready to kill this Fu**ing linux box

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Sun May 26 22:08:59 CDT 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> Most Quadra 610's were full '040's, only the 8/160 config was an LC.
> Are you sure you have the LC?  (IF you do, I have a spare 040 25MHz
> kicking around...)

I just opened it up and checked, and it is the 68LC040.  This particular
one seems to have a ~230MB hard drive and 24MB of RAM (I'm guessing 8MB on
the motherboard and 16MB in SIMMs).

> Yeah, but that's the way it's done to get around some of the mac
> firmware.  The good news is that you can make a really small MacOS
> partition and just have a bootable system on it as well as the utility.
> Put the utility in as a startup item, and booting is still automatic.

Depending on how I decide to do things, this might not be much of a
problem.  I could probably just have the kernel and loader on the MacOS
partition and do everything else over the network...  Err, maybe some
local swap space would be nice too...

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca