[geeks] Running old F77 codes

Robert Bourque bourque at lanl.gov
Fri May 24 10:45:25 CDT 2002

Hello,

I have a number of Fortran 77 engineering codes that I wrote decades ago for running on a Vax/VMS system.  I want to start editing and running them again with minimal hassle.  I have tried Compaq Fortran but find it unintelligible.

I have been advised that the best way to this is to get a used Vax computer.  I don't think I need very much.  These are modest engineering codes with no more than 15,000 lines of Fortran 77 and no parallel processing.  Maybe a small used Microvax will work.  But I also need compatible peripherals like monitor and keyboard, and removable media so I can transfer data to a Windows machine.  I also need some basic Vax text editing software like TEDI.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Bob Bourque

Dr. Robert F. Bourque