[geeks] Ok I am ready to kill this Fu**ing linux box

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri May 24 09:39:02 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:33:41AM -0400, alex j avriette wrote:

> first, im not convinced that a) millions of people use xine, and b) that
> millions of people happily use linux. i'm sure that a large percentage
> of the people who use linux use it because they would prefer to not use
> windows (or macos or whatever). this is documented, and rms even
> answered a question about people using linux out of ideological reasons.
> but i digress.

I don't know about people using linux, but I know millions of people use
FreeBSD.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone who doesn't use
freebsd.

> it has never been my experience with such tools (such as yUP) that they
> are easy or nice.

.deb is the happiest I've been with a packaging system, and it still really
pisses me off frequently for doing stupid, stupid, stupid things.

--
Joshua D. Boyd