[geeks] C compiler won't create executables ..WTF?

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Fri May 24 00:44:09 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 22:26, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On 23 May 2002, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> > > implementing a ports tree is cake.  finding people to maintain all the ports
> > > is where it gets hairy.
> >
> > Uh, what's involved?
>
> Substantially more with IRIX/MIPSpro, IRIX/gcc, and/or Solaris/Forte than
> with Solaris/gcc.  IRIX has the compatbility issues (not so std std::,
> dmedia, etc.), and the Real Compilers have problems grokking gcc-skewed
> source code.

Oh, hmm, I think I lied.  I've got a license for MIPSpro on my Indy, but
it doesn't boot.

I was actually wondering what was involved with maintaining a part of
the ports tree...  I'm not that familiar with ports, as I only use BSD
for single purpose servers, and thus don't have a lot of software to
install.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.
Please don't copy me on replies to the list.