[geeks] C compiler won't create executables ..WTF?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu May 23 18:17:59 CDT 2002

> This %@%*&@@*^$!!$@^%#*% Linux box did NOT have the FSCKing compilers
> installed at all! SO I got GCC, binutils and cpp installed....etc.
>
> And no workee...
>
> Mike N
> Penguin poop!

Well, I just successfully compiled and installed minicom, with help from
Jonathan.  I swear this 'configure | make | make install' stuff will
turn me into a developer one day.

It literally took me *all* day to figure it out.  I hate GCC and that
crap that goes with it.  About an hour ago I figured out that I needed
to install gettext in order to compile, and that you have to manually
specify the port when running 'configure'.

It's not all GCC's fault though,  The first issue Ifound was that I
forgot to install eoe.sw.uucp when I originally setup this machine, then
of course I had to figure out what other packages I needed to fix the
conflicts.

Bah!  Then to make GCC work *at all* I had to install dev.sw.lib - and
resolve the conflicts from that...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com