[geeks] How do I.....

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Thu May 23 08:52:12 CDT 2002

	The particulars:
	Equipment: Dec 1000A in deskside configuration with 96 megs of ram
	The desired OS: Debian for alpha
	The problem: when I got the 1000A it had 3 disks in the bays that
were running NT 4.0. As a small investment I filled the other 4 bay slots
with drives that I purchased off of E-bay. They are either 2.1 gig or 4.3
gig drives. I moved the existing drives around to my whim (get all the 2.1
gigs in line for example).I have now populated all the bays with the new
drives and the machine will no longer boot into NT (not labeled as a loss
here) which I expected due to the new drives and old drives moving around. I
still get into the console just fine and everything looks good. The problem
I am trying to solve is how do I create an array out of these disks now? I
cannot seem to find anything in the console labeled "helpfull raid wizard
type me", anyone got some experience with setting these drives up so that I
can start the debian install?

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO