[geeks] I want this....

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed May 22 19:22:21 CDT 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Very good deal - I'm having a monetary/moral dilema.  Pay car payments
> or buy another Octane...

I'm grinning trying to imagine that call to Dr. Laura.  Unfortunately, I
feel your pain right now.  I'm getting -really- close to having to sell
off equipment that I can technically live without (like, say, all my Sun
kit, or all the SGI kit--whichever would bring more).

I hate that I screwed up and don't have my degree yet--I could travel and
monk somewhere other than Houston/Austin if I weren't going to be stuck in
Houston for the next two years.  Oh well, live and learn.  At least I'll
have "dumb ol' dad" stories to tell my kids someday.  But, hey, I'm
technically disabled now--maybe this would give me some sort of edge in
getting hired if I weren't too proud to flash that around.

--Jonathan