[geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed May 22 15:07:32 CDT 2002

I make 'em with a knife and wire ties, just slit the ribbon (I do 40 pi every other wire, 80 pin every 4th wire,) and bundle them with wire ties or twisty ties.  I have never had an issue.  In fact, I usually bundle all my wires from the mobo together, so I have slit and bundled IDE, SCSI, and power connections in one wire bundle.  I have never seen an issue with interference.  Of course I do make cables as short as I can.

Tim