[geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 22 14:00:58 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 02:01:10PM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> The Tyan board was probably within the ATX specification, but lots of cases
> don't follow it.
>
> Depending on the chipset, I am not surprised ISA didn't work too well. I had
> no problems with my Tyan Tiger 100 (BX chipset), but I didn't keep the ISA
> board very long. But without swapping in another motherboard with the same
> chipset, it's hard to blame the motherboard. Did you load the latest BIOS,
> chipset drivers, firmware?

I loaded the latest bios and firmware.  Chipset drivers?  I just run a
relative recent version of linux on it (2.4.16 maybe, but when I was having
the trouble it was probably something like 2.2.21).

If memory serves, it is a Tyan Tiger 100 also.  Dual processor, BX chipset.
I'm just as glad to be rid of ISA in it, but at the time I couldn't really
afford the trouble.

--
Joshua D. Boyd