[geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed May 22 12:24:48 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 12:23:31PM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> But I definately wouldn't recommend the Thunder K7. First of all the early
> revisions had huge problems (cooling of the chipset was the biggest). We had
> to return two out of three Thunder K7's that we had. They seem to be stable
> now, but I wouldn't buy one (and I had a perfect chance, I could buy one at
> 1/2 retail, but I turned it down).

I dont buy anything but ABit.  Had a BH6, BX6, got a KT7 on Amy's box... the
only *problem* I ever had was with my current i815-based cheapie board with
integrated sound that my Celeron system is built on top of - it has a
power problem with the USB ports, so I had to buy a powered USB hub and
hang everything off that.  Other than that, its like every other ABit board
I've had - it JUST WORKS.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford