[geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Wed May 22 12:23:31 CDT 2002

Asus does have a Dual Athlon board now.

But I definately wouldn't recommend the Thunder K7. First of all the early
revisions had huge problems (cooling of the chipset was the biggest). We had
to return two out of three Thunder K7's that we had. They seem to be stable
now, but I wouldn't buy one (and I had a perfect chance, I could buy one at
1/2 retail, but I turned it down).

Second it is the original Dual Athlon chipset (MP). Since then AMD has come
out with the MPX. The MPX has a 64bit 66MHz PCI bus.

Personally I want an MPX with an Adaptec 29160 (or if I find a pile of money
on my way home a 39160).

shawn