[geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon's burning up

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue May 21 22:17:30 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 05:36:34PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 06:28:34PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > I'm sure AMD makes otherwise decent processors......FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!
>
> Heck, the SocketA 700Mhz Athlon in Amy's box overheats from time to time,
> even - and I've got a big Chrome Orb fan on it and the sides removed from
> the case..

At this moment I would like to point out that not once, ever, have my dual
350s overheated, nor my p75, nor my p233.  Man was not made for gigahz.

BTW, I spent several hours on a Dell dual P4 Xeon machine, and I'm highly
unimpressed.  I think it is either a Geforce3 or a QuadroDCC, not sure
which.

--
Joshua D. Boyd