[geeks] Hmmm.....KAroke time........

Kevin Lee kevin at c0rp.com
Tue May 21 22:05:13 CDT 2002

Sung to the tune of 'chestnuts roasting on an open fire'

Athlons burning on a open FIRE..........p4's dancing in the snow.....there
are SPARCS in the air and SGI'severywhere MERRY CHRISTMAS ....cough..

Its not christmas thats right....ah well...

Well I am running a 1.7p4 in a via chipset works ok for me.

The little .18 mother really heats up good...but my motherboard has a
temperature sensor
to speed up or slow down the cpu fan according to the temperature that you
can set.

Have a look:

http://www.viahardware.com/sss50rev_1.shtm

THIS COMPUTER IS COOL. IT is every port I could want. And its cheap. I have
owned Shuttle products
for the last 4 years their stuff is quite good.

This is my most recent purchase.  I would get the Athalon AMD Server called
the SS40 but I am
tired of crashing CPUS. I have owned 4 amd cpus in the last year and all
suffered from heat crashes.

How come my Ultra 1 /200e gets just as hot has NEVER CRASHED or even
BURPED....

I will NOT Sell AMD systems to customers are I do not want to hear....my
computer keeps crashing.

I HATE INTEL....BUT THEIR STUFF JUST WORKS.....

Kevin

ps: AMD have recently become ANAL about their warrany......refusing to
replace a lot of dead AMDs that I have
     tried to return from customers.  I have not had to try and return a P4
yet in over one year.