WHY PC's SUCK. (was: Re: [geeks] Ahh, the smell of Athlon'sburning up

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue May 21 19:38:42 CDT 2002

> You would be amazed at how many people I know say, "Gee, Macs are so
> expensive".  Yeah right.  And EVERY one (no, I'm not picking on Dave)
> then tells me about how much time they spend trying to get their PC to
> run.
>
> Meanwhile.  My G4 runs.  Add memory, it runs.  Add another CPU, it runs.
>
> I also hear the bitch about "Well, you don't have the choices in
> hardware or software."
>
> To which I reply, "Yeah, but is a ton of useless crap that much better?
> I may not have the choice of 50 video cards, but my computer runs."
>
> Just an observation in the holy wars.

To toss my own gallon of fuel on the fire - my Octane runs just fine
under all conditions.  I have no need to go playing l33t h4x0r with the
hardware though.  I'm very happy at 195Mhz, and still outperforming the
peecees in *useful* work.  Yes I paid the same price for my 5-yr old
Octane that a lot of folks paid for their brand new peecee, but I've
never had a single issue with it.

Meanwhile, my mother-in-law's HP Pavilion has been back to Circuit City
3 times for repair, and once for whole-unit replacement.  Bah!  It's
Crap!!!

On a related note, my mother just bought a new iMac, and called me at
11:30pm EST last night to make me jealous.  It worked... :)
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com